The Benefits of Using 1st Party Data in Programmatic Multichannel Advertising Campaigns
In today's digital age, consumers are bombarded with advertising messages from all sides. It can be difficult for brands to cut through the noise and reach their target audiences with their marketing messages.
1st party data in programmatic multichannel advertising campaigns is now more important than choosing which tactics to use. Because ad inventory from streaming TV, online video, display, and streaming audio can now all be leveraged in a single campaign, Audiences and 1st party data are now central to cutting through the noise. 1st party data is data that is collected directly from consumers, such as their name, email address, purchase history, and website activity.
When used correctly, 1st party data can help advertisers to:
***Target their ads more effectively: 1st party data can be used to create custom audiences and segmented audiences for your ads. This means that your ads will be seen by people who are more likely to be interested in what you have to offer.
***Measure the effectiveness of their campaigns: 1st party data can be used to track the performance of your ad campaigns. This information can be used to improve your campaigns over time.
***Build relationships with their customers: 1st party data can be used to build relationships with your customers. By understanding your customers' needs and interests, you can create personalized experiences that will keep them engaged over time and coming back with the right messaging.
Types of 1st Party Data That Can Be Used in Programmatic Media
There are many different types of 1st party data that can be used in programmatic media. Some of the most common types of 1st party data include:
* **Demographics:** This data includes information about your customers' age, gender, location, and interests.
* **Behavioral data:** This data includes information about your customers' online behavior, such as the websites they visit, the products they buy, and the content they consume.
* **Transactional data:** This data includes information about your customers' purchases, such as the products they buy, the amount they spend, and the frequency of their purchases.
* **Website/App:** This data is collected as the user explores your website or app. It can be used to gather information about your customers' product needs, interests, location, and actions.
How to Use 1st Party Data in Programmatic Multichannel Advertising Campaigns
There are a number of ways to use 1st party data in programmatic multichannel advertising campaigns. Some of the most common methods include:
* **Audience targeting:** 1st party data can be used to create custom audiences for your ads. This means that your ads will be seen by people who are more likely to be interested in what you have to offer. An example of a custom audience would be segmenting users who visited your website more than 3 times, viewed more than 3 products, but did not complete form/cart. These can become a custom audience within your campaign.
* **Retargeting:** 1st party data can be used to retarget people who have already visited your website or used your app. Retargeting to 1st party audiences can be done across advertising channels and is no longer limited to just display ads. This is a great way to remind people about your brand and encourage them to come back.
* **Dynamic creative optimization (DCO):** 1st party data can be used to personalize your ads for each individual customer. This can be done by changing the ad copy, the images, or the call to action based on the customer's demographics, interests, or past behavior.
* **Attribution modeling:** 1st party data can be used to track the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. This information can be used to improve your campaigns over time and show ROI beyond proxy metrics.
1st party data is a valuable asset for any advertiser that wants to reach its target audiences with its marketing messages. When used correctly, 1st party data can help brands to target their ads more effectively, measure the effectiveness of their campaigns, and build relationships with their customers.
If you're not already using 1st party data in your programmatic multichannel advertising campaigns, now is the time to start. Data Fusion by SilverBack.
By doing so, you can improve the performance of your campaigns and get more out of your advertising budget.